Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chapter 22

Surprisingly they hadn’t even been missed. The boys were still in with the radio dj’s  and a few moments later , they stepped out .Richie quickly rushing off a very high  Em into a car apparently he had noticed she had been too and wanted to get her back to the hotel as soon as possible . She chuckled it was very clear that Richie hadn’t given her anything , Em stumbled onto something Richie has taken around her. But what ? She definitely made a point to ask Jon later.

A few moments after Richie hustled out of the building , Jon exited with Doc whom yet again were in a deep conversation before Doc walked off flashing her a curt smile and out the door he went too.

Jon sighed a relieved sigh and grabbed Gia’s hand “Now, lets go get some grub eh? I’m starved.”


Gia nodded. “I think my stomach wants to eat itself , I’m so hungry “ she followed him out the doors and into the awaiting car.  “So what was  grumpy ass bitching about now ? “ She asked as she settled into the backseat.

Jon shrugged “Same shit different day Gia.” He smiled down at her as they got into a waiting cab. “So ya wanna go back to the room and order in or ya wanna go find something else?”

Gia smiled naughtily. “ IF we go back to the room , I don’t believe we will eat -- food that is and my stomach needs nourishment. “

Jon snorted,” You’re so right babe.” He leaned forward and spoke to the driver telling him where to go then sat back and relaxed.

Gia smiled when a few moments later , they arrived at Antonio’s again “ You didn’t ? Thank you. “ her eyes glittering with happiness . , She then took his hand and stepped out of the cab.

Jon simply smiled and led her back in, they were seated and drinks were ordered. He sat back and watched her. Was she a distraction like Doc said. Yes, yes she was. a big distraction but... it was a distraction he wanted, no needed. A distraction that grounded him when his head got to big for his shoulders.

A comfortable silence befell them , while they waited for their drinks. Gia wondered nervously if she should bring up the dreaded relationship topic or not , sucking in a deep breath then slowly exhaling , she spoke. “ I did some thinkin’ today.  “ Her eyes gazed down at the napkin, she was nervously playing with. “ thinking about us and where this was headed. “ she swallowed hard not sure if she wanted to meet his eyes when he answered.

He raised an eyebrow. “Oh yeah?” He casually took a sip of his drink. So she’d been thinking too. That was a good sign. Or was it? he frowned for  split second. “So uh, what was the verdict?” He cautiously asked while racking his brain for something, anything he may have done.... or not done to piss her off.

Gia chewed on her bottom lip , her gaze meeting his. “ I’m not used to this -- I don’t know what to do -- next  I never gotten this far before. “ she reluctantly admitted.

Jon nodded thoughtfully. Ok, so she hasn’t told me to fuck off yet, that’s a good thing. “Yeah, well I have, but um, my track records not really the greatest so...” He chuckled a bit nervously. “We’re kind in the same boat here I think,” After a few more moments of thoughtful silence he asked, “Are you happy out here Gia?”

“I am for the first time I hadn’t thought about my family , the resentment gone. “ Gia softly smiled “Even my Nana, and I think about her everday usually. “

“Does it bother you when I’m busy?”

Gia thought about it for a moment. “ Well I miss you but I know its your job and thats your nature to work work work. “ she winked “No it doesn’t bother me. “

“You miss me?” he grinned

“I do “ She smiled shyly

Jon nodded and reached across the table grasping her hand gently. “Well, I don't want to miss you, and that's why I...” He cleared his throat before he spoke. “Why I’d really like it if you’d stay with me, here, on the road, be my girl... ya know?”  He looked at her hopefully.

Her eyes widened as she searched his in depth “ You really want me to be your girl ? I never been any-one's girl before -- I know I talked big when we met but I really am not like that. “

“I know.” he reassured her.

“So whats next , bet you think its funny for a girl of my age to have her first boyfriend at 21. “ Gia said as a tinge of red crept up on her cheeks.

“Nah.. I think it’s kinda cool actually.”

Gia smiled ,she leaned over and kissed him  , the moment she did their dinner came .  Her eyes lit up good ole fashioned Fettuccine Alfredo , garlic bread and a green salad/vine-grate . “Oh this smells delicious “ a with a lick of her lips she dove into the feast before her.

Jon watched as she ate with relish. What’s next she’d asked. Hell if he knew but at least they were on the same page. He knew now she felt just like he did. He smiled as he scooped a big bite to his lips. It was nice to know you weren’t alone. So, so nice.


After dinner they shared a slice of Carmel drizzled cheesecake .  Gia cut a piece with her fork then fed it to Jon . She was his girlfriend , giddy was an understatement in how she was feeling then she remembered the other thing she had wanted to discuss with him  ‘Baby , did you happen notice how -- well high Em was ?”

High? Emmie? Jon frowned as he chewed “Uh, no not really why?” Sure, Richie had been a little wired today, but he always was. Jon knew Richie did his own thing where that was concerned and didn’t say a word so long as it didn’t interfere with business. Rich was his best friend but still a grown man and didn’t need him as a babysitter.

“Well while we were waiting on you to say she couldn’t sit still was an understatement . We went for a walk and I barely could keep up with her , had to take off my heels and practically run after her . And she talked about a mile a minute . She was on something I am sure of it. “

Jon looked shocked, utterly and truly shocked. “Are you sure??”  He even scratched his head in bewilderment. The thought of Richie’s lil lady higher than a kite was just so off the wall to him.

Gia nodded “ I am positive it was more than coffee , I got the blisters on my feet to prove it. “ she chuckled lightly .

Jon sat thinking silently for a moment. ‘Well, I mean, ok I know Rich dabbles in...stuff. hell, I’ve dabbled in stuff.” he shifted a bit uncomfortably in his chair. He felt like he was betraying his best friend admitting it. “But I don’t think he’s give it to Em... I don’t think?”

“I don’t think he knowingly gave it to her the way he booked out of the radio station , I think he did figure it out though  “ Gia added in a bit of defense of Richie .

Jon nodded, “Yeah he’d know what signs to look for that’s for sure.”

“I’m just wondering what ? I’m concerned for her. She is very impressionable. “ Gia remarked .

Jon reached across the table and squeezed her hand gently. “I wouldn’t worry too much, honestly I’m sure Rich will take care of her.”

“I hope so , she really hasn’t been around this type of -- well you know , sex drugs and rock and roll lifestyle-- in her mind if she sees him doing it then it must be ok for her to do it. “  Gia explained .

“Maybe she’s just experimenting ya know.”

“True , I guess then but if it becomes a habit ? Then I may have to say something. “  Gia warned not wanting to put a damper on their wonderful evening but she was very protective of her cousin

“I think you’re just over reacting cause your in shock. It’s just so unlike her ya know. I think you should just keep an eye out but maybe not make a big deal about it cause I mean, hell Gia your not much older than she is so I’m sure you remember how it was when you first started tryin new things. You sure didn’t want someone preachin to ya about it right? Even if they had a good point.”

“Yea, I suppose you’re right , I’m sorry if I’ve overreacted just never seen her like that or even consider wanting to try it , hell she has never been drunk before. “

Jon squeezed Gia’s hand affectionately then chuckled “Babe, the girls been shacked up in Richie Sambora’s hotel room for the last what? Three weeks? I guarantee you she’s been drunk... VERY drunk.” he winked.

Gia laughed “ I supposed now that I think about it , you’re right , I guess I need to let her grow up to huh ?  Oh hell, Uncle Daniel will have a coronary  if he knew. “  then finished the last of her wine.

Jon snorted ‘Well I sure the hell aint tellin him!” he threw back his head and laughed, ‘Hell no.”

‘Why he scare you ? “ Gia teased “ He’s all bark no bite -- well most of the time anyway. “

 “Yeah, I’m just glad he ain't YOUR dad.” Jon chuckled and paid the bill, scribbling his signature on the credit slip he helped Gia out of her chair. Taking her hand and leading her out the door he chuckled,  “I do wanna be a fly on the wall though next time he and Mr. Sambora meet.” Jon winked and they both crawled into the cab heading back toward the hotel and the comfort of their room. Laughing all the way at visions of the confrontation.

No comments:

Post a Comment