Sunday, November 28, 2010

Chapter 25

Gia fought back the tears, how could she not know she was pregnant , now it was gone , no chance of getting used to the idea poof. gone natta , and her heart broke for her lost child . What could Jon think of her for not knowing . Her head was turned , as she gazed the wall , she didn’t hear him come in .

“Hey” he reached out and touched a lock of hair gently. She looked so sad. “Told ya I’d be right here.”

Gia turned on her side to face him , she reached his hand , grasping it close to her  “I’m sorry so sorry , I had no idea honestly “ she rambled quietly , tears welled in her eyes .

Sorry? she was sorry? Why was she sorry? He frowned, “Gia, it’s not your fault, it’s not any-ones fault these things just happen.”

“But I should have known, how could not know I was pregnant . A woman is supposed to know these things and I didn't “ Gia sobbed “I didn’t even get a chance to get used to the idea , not like it probably was the right time for you anyway but still “

“Gia, Gia...” He sighed and slipped onto the bed pulling her into his arms. “Maybe it wasn’t the right time, but that doesn’t mean tomorrow isn’t.” As soon as the words were out of his mouth he wondered. Did I just really say that? Could I be a father? He had no doubt that Gia would make a wonderful mother but him a father? He was a fuck-off most days and did nothing to change the fact even though he was well aware. What kind of father would he be traipsing around the globe, living the fast life. No, it definitely wasn’t the right time for that. Then why do I still find myself thinking about how nice it would be?

Gia stared at him for a few moments , Did he really mean that ? Did he want a baby with her ? She hadn’t even thought that far ahead but when they told her she lost his baby , it left a deep hole in her heart , she didn’t know was there.  The more she watched him , the sadness tucked deeply behind those blue eyes it tugged at her heart , What would they have done if this baby would have survived? She hadn’t a clue but seeing the sadness in his eyes there was no doubt he was grieving as much as she was considering they hadn’t had a chance to wrap their minds around that she had been pregnant  “I just can’t believe I didn’t know . “ her hand absentmindedly slid down to her stomach.  “A baby , I never even thought about it now it seems that's all I think about . “ It hit her what he had said tomorrow “Wait , did you just say what I think you just said , you wanna try again? “


Jon paused, did he? “Well uh, I don’t know Gia, I don’t know if I would say we should try but I,” He frowned as he tried to get his thoughts and feeling together in a way that would make sense to her. “I don’t think I really wanna worry about stopping it. “ That was the truth. Why should they take precautions? Why not just let nature take it’s course. In his mind it would be like a sign. If it happened again then it was meant to be. If not, well then they knew. The guy upstairs always knew what was best. He truly believed that.

Gia thought over what he said it made sense , if it did happen again , she would make sure she would do everything right this time.  She would take notice of all the signs , then a dreaded fear struck her , She gazed up “ What if I can’t carry a baby? “ She prayed she could.  It was just one of those things , the doctor said Yea maybe medically but to her emotionally it was more than one of those things . A woman was born to do this -- why did she feel like a failure.

“No, no baby, you’re fine really.” He rubbed her arms reassuringly and hugged her against him. “Believe it or not the Dr. said this is normal, nothing is wrong at all your perfectly fine and after some rest and healing, you’re good to go. Seriously Gia, that's what he told me and he’d know. It was just a fluke.”

She hugged him tightly with a slight smile spoke  “Yea he told me too , I’m Italian we’re built to have ton’s of babies “ she tried to joke  “You know we have to find other ways to pass the time for a few weeks ‘ her hands resting on his arms , that caressed her .

He chuckled a bit “Yeah I know but we’ll be ok. You and me, we seem to be pretty good at pulling fun out of our asses ya know.”

A burst of laughter escaped Gia, “ Yea we do , don’t we ? “ pausing for a moment , she glanced up at him “OH this should really give the asshole plenty of ammunition to fire at you , Are you ready for another lecture ? I honestly haven’t meant neither has Em meant to cause any trouble for you . “ her eyes searching his .

Jon shrugged “I don’t want you or Emmie worrying about Doc ok? and that’s an order.”  he dropped a kiss on her cheek.

“We just don’t want any trouble for you is all “ Gia answered her finger stroking his cheek

“You let me worry about me ok?” He kissed her tenderly “I got this...”

‘I love you , I can worry about you if I want “ Gia smirked then grew serious “Does anyone know I’m here ?  “


His face broke out in big grin at her confession. “I love you too and yes I made a few phone calls don’t worry, besides your outta here in the morning so I just told everyone to get some sleep. I took care of everything.”

“Thank you , you’re so good to me . If you’re fan’s knew just how sweet you are, I might have to fight them off “ She said trying to stifle a yawn .

He chuckled “You rest now baby ok?”

Her eyes drifted close “Ummhmm , you ain’t leavin’ are you ? “ snuggling down against his warm embrace , the steady beat of his heart lulling her to a peaceful sleep.

“No, I’m not going anywhere, I promise.”

“Good, “ Was the last words spoken , as Gia drifted off , the hole in her heart was still there but with Jon being there made things all right and that's all she needed .

2 comments:

  1. Awe what a sweet chapter. I love how understanding Jon is. It's great to see them both understand how much they mean to each other with the little things that are said. Em is good for him & he knows it.

    Thanks for the great chapters. Sorry they lost the baby but right place, right time & yes, the big man upstairs likely has a plan, just like Jon thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This chapter showed the tender side of Jon, which I love. Just let nature take its course where a baby is concerned. I have a feeling these two are going to have a houseful lol.

    ReplyDelete